Monday, September 10, 2007

In which S is needy.

Tuesday night I told S I was going over to T’s before our class and probably wouldn’t be home till after nine. She seemed fine with it, until I came home for lunch on Wednesday.
She was wrapped in a blanket on the floor, watching Friends on my laptop (that’s another story).

S: M, I really think you need to stay home today.
M: What? Why?
S: I feel really sick. My stomach hurts. I think you should stay here until you are sure I don’t have to go to the hospital.
M: Um, no, I really can’t, I told T I’d help him on this paper.
S: No, M, you can’t see him. I told you that you weren’t ready to see him.
M: Oh, that’s right. Hey, can I have my laptop back now?

Later, while I was at T’s house, she called in a panic about a report due on Friday about our apartment.

S: I think you need to come home and sign your part of this.
M: It’s not due until Friday.
S: No, I know, but I really think we need to get this done today.
M: Well, if you really think so, pull out the folder where I keep my papers and forge my signature from one of those.
S: But that would be a sin.
M: S, it is not a sin if I tell you to do it.
S: Oh, really? I didn’t know it worked like that.
M: …Yeah. Yeah it does.

No comments: